The fifth wave of the COVID-19 outbreak has again dealt a severe blow to Hong Kong’s economy and people’s livelihoods. Facing with increasing unemployment, pay cut or underemployment, the Chest announced the launch of the fourth round of applications of The Community Chest Pandemic Rainbow Fund (Pandemic Rainbow Fund) on Tuesday, 19 April, to provide immediate financial assistance to those in need. This followed the Chest’s earlier efforts to distribute anti-pandemic items to the disadvantaged through its member agencies.
Key details of the fourth round of applications of the Pandemic Rainbow Fund are as follows:
- Applications open from 19 April to 30 September 2022.
- Targeted beneficiaries are individuals and families affected by the pandemic, especially the unemployed and underemployed.
- Applicants can apply through the 99 assessment centres under the 27 partner agencies of the Rainbow Fund. Social workers will assess and disburse the grant to the approved cases. Information about the assessment centres is available at www.commchest.org/fundcentre_e.html.
- The grant amount will range from HK$3,000 to HK$11,800, depending on family size.
Since the launch of the Pandemic Rainbow Fund in mid-February 2020, the Chest had received over 11,500 applications and disbursed over HK$80 million in support of more than 29,500 beneficiaries through three round of applications that last ended on 30 September 2021.
The Chest appeals to corporate and individual donors to make donations to support those in need through the Pandemic Rainbow Fund.
- Direct deposit into the following bank accounts of “The Community Chest of Hong Kong”
Bank of China (Hong Kong) 012-874-0-011380-6 HSBC 110-745189-001 Hang Seng Bank 367-000775-002
- Online Donation
- End -